Mack Air will provide the highest reasonable standard of safety within the commercial air transport operations that it plans, provides, and operates by identifying and minimising all risks arising from Mack Air activity which could contribute to aircraft accidents. Mack Air will regard the Safety of its Operations, Crews, passengers and associated group operations as the most important consideration throughout all its activities. Mack Air will ensure that all the facilities, workplaces, and equipment services, as well as the work environment necessary to satisfy operational safety and security requirements are provided. Mack Air will provide the highest reasonable standard of safety within the commercial air transport operations that it plans, provides, and operates by identifying and minimising all risks arising from Mack Air activity which could contribute to aircraft accidents. Mack Air will regard the Safety of its Operations, Crews, passengers, and associated group operations as the most important consideration throughout all its activities. Mack Air will ensure that all the facilities, workplaces, and equipment services, as well as the work environment necessary to satisfy operational safety and security requirements, are provided.
Safety is an integral part of the provision of an efficient, effective air transport operation. All managers are accountable for the performance of their areas of responsibility. Mack Air will continue to adopt explicit safety standards that comply with statutory obligations and with the safety requirements of the regulatory authority. Mack Air will develop a culture among all managers and staff that fosters an increasing understanding of the importance of safety in all our activities and the resultant responsibility of each individual. Mack Air will ensure that the systems and technology it uses meet specified and appropriate system safety standards.
Mack Air has adopted E-SMS system to be used by all employees for reporting information concerning safety. All employees are advised that Mack Air will not initiate any disciplinary actions against any employee who discloses an incident that occurred involving safety. This policy cannot apply to criminal, intentional or regulatory infractions.
Safety is a corporate value in this company, and we believe in providing our employees and customers with a safe environment. At Mack Air, we are committed to maintaining a safe working and sustainable environment wherever we operate. The ultimate responsibility of the SMS in the company lies with me as the Accountable Manager.
Mack Air requires personnel who perform operationally critical functions to be mentally and physically fit for duty.
Our Safety Objectives and commitments are;
- To promote a safety culture that recognises that safety is paramount at all times.
- To support the management of safety through the provision of all appropriate resources.
- To enforce the management of safety as a primary responsibility of all employees.
- To achieve the highest level of aviation safety performance.
- To promote a non – punitive reporting system.
- To audit and review the safety implications of all our aviation activities rigorously.
- To consult with staff and encourage active participation at all levels of our business.
- To learn and benefit from our experiences and of the others.
- To have an emergency response plan to achieve these commitments, we constantly review our safety management systems and processes. By doing so, we are better able to;
- Clearly define the duties and responsibilities of all staff for the delivery of the organisation’s safety performance and the performance of our SMS.
- Establish and operate hazard identification and risk management system.
- Ensure a non – punitive reporting system, unless it’s an illegal act, gross negligence, or a deliberate and wilful disregard of procedures.
- Meet and where possible exceed legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Train and deploy competent people and allocate responsibilities and tasks commensurate with an individual’s set of skills.
- Set, achieve, and report against objectives and targets to demonstrate continual performance improvement.
- Identify areas for improvement through comprehensive incident reporting and investigation.
- Maintain an open and honest internal business culture that encourages a blame-free process of reporting aviation safety issues.
Mack Air is certified by the Civil Aviation Authority of Botswana (CAAB) in alignment with International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) standards and recommended practices, and holds both Domestic and International Air Services Licenses.
Mack Air is audited annually by CAAB for the renewal of its Aircraft Operating Certificate (AOC) and Airline Transport License (ATL).Mack Air fleet of Cessna turboprop aircraft work in accordance with the CAAB for non-scheduled passenger and cargo operations.
In 2019, Mack Air underwent a thorough and extensive certification process before being approved and issued an International Scheduled Air Service Licence. This made Mack Air the first private company in Botswana to achieve this milestone, and only the second company in Botswana to hold an International Scheduled Air Service Licence after the country’s National Airline.